The Surrey Hills Trust Fund supports a wide-range of local projects from landscape conservation to community enterprise schemes. Below are examples of areas of work that your donations could support:
- Landscape Conservation projects to open up viewpoints, restore landscape features etc.
- Working with volunteers to undertake landscape access and conservation work.
- Educating younger generations on the importance and value of countryside.
- Enhancing the ecology & biodiversity of the local area through practical projects.
The Surrey Hills Trust Fund has funded the following local projects;
- A grant to the Downlands Trust to undertake important conservation work at Quarry Hangers, a site of Special Scientific Importance (SSI) in the East of the Surrey Hills.
- A grant to the Leatherhead Youth Project, for a two day programme to take disadvantaged young people out into the Surrey Hills.
- A grant to the RSPB to help safeguard Farnham Heath Nature Reserve against fire damage.
- A grant to the Surrey Hills Arts towards the Inspiring Views project to open up viewpoints & install artworks.
- A grant to create a dedicated mountain bike trail ‘Summer Lightening’ on Leith Hill to proactivley manage the impact of mountain biking on the area.