24. Hascombe water fountain
The Hascombe water fountain was built in 1877 by Edward Lee Rowcliffe (1825-1898), in memory of his brother Henry. A notice beside it states that the water is piped from a spring in the side of the hill bordering nearby Hoe Lane. He was a successful lawyer and in 1864 bought Hall Place, a house near today’s Dunsfold Park. He bought up other land locally, and by 1890 was one of two landowners who owned most of the parish of Hascombe.