Hans Christmas Andersen is a family run grower, wholesaler and retailer of Christmas trees and has been growing Christmas trees for over 20 years, finally settling in the Surrey Hills in 2005. Since then the business has been transformed and has grown in reputation. We now sell over 60,000 fresh, homegrown Christmas trees to our customers every year, 6,500 of which are sold in our retail at Santa Fir Farm near Cranleigh.
Our wholesale customers, garden centres and retail outlets etc, are based mostly in the south east of England. Our aim is to supply them with fresh trees with as low a carbon footprint as possible.
Our well managed plantations enhance the countryside, offering locals a wonderful area to view and also, where footpaths cross our plantations, amazing walks.
Our retail business under our new brand name “Hans Christmas Andersen”, selling trees out of Santa Fir Yard near Cranleigh, has evolved into a wonderful family experience, selling mostly to local customers. We also have customers coming from further afield as word has spread about extra attractions we provide, such as our resident reindeer, local produce market and Santa’s Grotto (all proceeds going to local charities). Christmas 2018 saw us open a new local retail at the beautiful Surrey Wildlife Trust site at Newlands Corner.
We sell Nordman Fir, Norway Spruce and pot grown Christmas trees as well as our award winning Christmas wreaths. The things that makes us special are that the trees our retail customers buy are all grown within a short distance from where they buy them and many of our customers have watched the trees being grown. Our staff are all family and good friends which helps to create a lovely atmosphere for our customers when choosing their tree
Buy a locally grown Christmas Tree from Hans Christmas Andersen this year and help the environment.
- Christmas Trees benefit the environment. Trees grow by taking carbon dioxide (the greenhouse gas CO2) out of the atmosphere and releasing clean oxygen.
- One acre of Christmas trees provides enough daily oxygen for at least 18 people.
- Christmas tree plantations are a haven for a wide variety of birds and other wildlife.
- For every tree harvested we replant at least 1 tree ensuring the production is sustainable.
- Your real tree is recyclable. It can be chipped into biodegradable mulch and used on gardens, playgrounds etc.
Visit www.hanschristmasandersen for more details.
Be aware of your carbon footprint and buy a locally grown tree.