• Four meals to chose from, all made with pork reared at Hill House Farm
• Prices start from £5.85 and are available online and in a selection of local farm shops
• All packaging is recyclable Hill House Farm is expanding its range of ‘farm to fork’ products with the launch of a range of ready meals.
The selection of four ready meals is all made using Gloucester Old Spot pork reared at Hill House Farm, near Dorking in Surrey. Prices for the two portion servings start from £5.85 and will be available to purchase from local retailers including Secretts of Milford in Godalming, Village Greens Denbies, near Dorking and Kingfisher Farm Shop in Abinger Hammer, and in the Farm’s online shop.
Hill House Farm thrives on producing great food using high quality local ingredients. Knowing the provenance of all key ingredients is really important to Ian and the team and this launch is the culmination of many months of work and development. They aim to make all their ‘farm to fork’ produce as naturally as possible, to bring out the best of the raw ingredients, and their new ready meal range is no different.
The range includes:
• Pulled pork, cooked for 16 hours in our special Hill House rub
• Sticky ribs with soy and honey
• Slow roasted shoulder of pork in Black Noise porter from Dorking Brewery, with root vegetables and herbs fresh from the garden
• Braised collar bacon cooked in cider, with greens, peas and beans Each meal, which is prepared on site in Hill House Farm’s FSA approved catering unit, is packaged in recyclable material. Sealed in high-grade boilable bags, to keep the moisture in while cooking, the bags should be rinsed out after serving and will be recycled by most local authorities.
The team at Hill House Farm chose to this alternative to traditional ready meal packaging, as it was important that the packaging was fully recyclable. James Dampier owner of Village Greens said, “we are delighted to be selling Hill House Farm’s ‘farm to fork’ ready meals. We’ve always been really impressed with Hill House Farm’s ethos and the quality of their products, from pork joints through to sausage rolls, and having tasted the ready meals, they’re no different. The meals are fantastic and have all been designed with the customer in mind, they’re quick and easy to heat and we love the recyclable packaging!”
Ian Jones, Hill House Farmer and food producer explained the thinking behind the new products, “until recently our offering has focused mainly on raw meats, but our customers kept asking us how best to cook different pieces of meat, so I decided to broaden our range and incorporate some tasty nutritious ready meals into our portfolio. All our meals use the best local ingredients and the feedback so far has been great! We hope these will be the first of many ‘farm to fork’ products to come!”