Friday, 12 July, 2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Cranleigh School Cranleigh Surrey GU6 8QQ
Surrey’s Rural Economy Conference 2019
Business & the Environment – Supporting Sustainability
Inform / Innovate / Inspire
Join us and Book Here
A significant Conference highlighting key issues for the rural economy in Surrey focusing on business and the environment. Bringing leading Speakers and key figures together to build expertise, stimulate debate and inspire innovation.
The one day Conference aims to:
- Inform – Provide key up-to date information at a time of significant change
- Innovate – Stimulate debate and innovation focusing on sustainability
- Inspire – Inspire and activate opportunities to grow and develop rural businesses
The Conference will be of interest to policy and decision makers, rural businesses & SME’S, farmers, landowners, estates, and countryside managers, local authority Councillors and Officers, Countryside charities.
- Rural businesses and SME’s
- Farmers, Landowners, Estates, & Countryside Managers
- Voluntary, charity and faith sectors
- Local Authority Councillors and officers
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
Conference opened by
Michael More-Molyneux, Lord Lieutenant of Surrey
Key note speaker:
Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Topics to include
- Investing in our Natural Capital – opportunities for landowners and rural businesses – Marian Spain, Chief Executive, Natural England
- Building a sustainable rural business – Mark Lebus, Chief Executive, LC Energy
- Business collaboration to support growth – a competitive advantage – Jeannette Simpson and Elizabeth Marett, Denbies and Vineyards of the Surrey Hills
- Launch of Surrey County Council’s Countryside Strategy – Cllr Mike Goodman, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- Sustainability & Responsibility – Simon Ferrar, Clandon Wood Nature Reserve and Natural Burial Ground
The conference programme includes excellent opportunities for networking, exchange and building collaboration with a multitude of rural business and enterprises
Alongside the conference programme, there will be an exhibition showcasing Surrey’s rural produce & businesses.
Would you like to increase awareness of your business?
There are still spaces available to showcase your business, product or service – you can book a stand for a nominal additional fee (stands on a first come first served basis)
With grateful thanks to Barclays, our sponsor of Surrey’s Rural Economy
Cranleigh School, Horseshoe Lane, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8QQ
Easy access by road
PARKING: Free parking beside the venue.
2019 EVENTS – CELEBRATING SURREY HILLS
A range of exciting events in 2019 celebrating the Surrey Hills – find out more:
Surrey Hills Sculpture Garden & Arts Festival 2019, Birtley Estate, Bramley – Saturday 4th May to Sunday 2nd June 2019 inclusive
Surrey Hills Food & Drink Festival, Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking – Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019
Surrey Hills Wood Fair, Cranleigh – Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October 2019
SUPPORTING SURREY HILLS
Surrey’s Rural Economy Conference is run by Surrey Hills Enterprises, a Community Interest Company, as part of a range of activities and events promoting and supporting the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Surrey Hills Enterprises works with local businesses to support the rural economy and to promote, protect and enhance the beautiful Surrey Hills. Find out more and become a Business Member of Surrey Hills and benefit from all the connections, marketing and Member support.
Discover the best of the Surrey Hills and the local food, drink, arts and crafts, pubs, cafes and places to explore:
- Visit our directory of local producers and businesses
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive up-dates on events, wine tasting, artisan trails, tours and activities
- Join as a Business Member of Surrey Hills
Conference Ticket Prices
- Standard ticket £55 (incl vat)
- Standard ticket plus exhibition stand £85 (incl vat)
Surrey Hills Enterprises Members
- Members ticket £45 (incl vat)
- Members ticket plus exhibition stand £65 (incl vat)
Place your booking by completing the form below.
You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your booking within a few minutes of making your booking. If you do not receive your email confirmation please check your junk or clutter folders. Please call 01483 661150 if you need any assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you to this innovative, informative and inspirational conference
Please note: Fields marked with a * are mandatory.