Friday, 12 July, 2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Cranleigh School Cranleigh Surrey GU6 8QQ
Business & the Environment – Supporting Sustainability
Inform / Innovate / Inspire
Join us and Book Here
Join us at this solution driven, thought provoking and action taking conference.
Bringing leading edge Speakers and key figures together to build expertise, stimulate debate and inspire innovation. Topics will include:-
- The plans for climate change and environmental sustainability from the leaders of our community
- Rural enterprises who are making sustainability, collaboration and rural social responsibility their business
- Tangible steps and action that you and the community can take now, to protect the rural economy and the countryside
- Leading edge rural business showcasing their sustainable products and services
The Conference will be of interest to:-
- Policy and decision makers,
- Rural businesses and SME’s
- Farmers, Landowners, Estates, & Countryside Managers
- Voluntary, charity and faith sectors
- Local Authority Councillors and officers
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
Conference opened by
Michael More-Molyneux, Lord Lieutenant of Surrey
Key note speaker:
Our Green Future – Delivering the 25 year environment plan for a cleaner, greener Britain
Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- 25 year environment plan for Surrey – Cllr Mike Goodman, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- Investing in our Natural Capital – opportunities for landowners and rural businesses – Marian Spain, Chief Executive, Natural England
- Building a sustainable rural business – Mark Lebus, Chief Executive, LC Energy
- Working Social Responsibility Into Your Rural Business Plan – Bill Biddell, Vice Lord Lieutenant of Surrey and Estate Manager of the Hampton Estate and Bridget Biddell, High Sheriff of Surrey and Surrey President of Country Land and Business Association
- Business collaboration to support growth – a competitive advantage – Jeannette Simpson and Elizabeth Marett, Denbies and Vineyards of the Surrey Hills
- Sustainability & Responsibility – Simon Ferrar, Clandon Wood Nature Reserve and Natural Burial Ground
- Practical actions & support to reduce climate change – Edward Barker, Director of Natural Environment, DEFRA
- Supporting rural businesses and The Trade Mark Surrey Hills – Wendy Varcoe, Executive Director, Surrey Hills Enterprises
The conference programme includes excellent opportunities for networking, exchange and building collaboration with a multitude of rural business and enterprises
Alongside the conference programme, there will be an exhibition showcasing Surrey’s rural produce & businesses.
Would you like to increase awareness of your business?
There are still spaces available to showcase your business, product or service – you can book a stand for a nominal additional fee (stands on a first come first served basis)
Every person, household, business and community has to make changes at a micro as well as macro level to protect, sustain and ultimately enhance the environment.
The Future really is in your hands
With grateful thanks to Barclays, our sponsor of Surrey’s Rural Economy
Cranleigh School, Horseshoe Lane, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8QQ
Easy access by road
PARKING: Free parking beside the venue.
Conference Ticket Prices
- Standard ticket £55 (incl vat)
- Standard ticket plus exhibition stand £85 (incl vat)
Surrey Hills Enterprises Members
- Members ticket £45 (incl vat)
- Members ticket plus exhibition stand £65 (incl vat)
2019 EVENTS – CELEBRATING THE SURREY HILLS
A range of exciting events in 2019 celebrating the Surrey Hills – find out more:
Surrey Hills Food & Drink Festival, Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking – Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019
Surrey Hills Wood Fair, Cranleigh – Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October 2019
SUPPORTING SURREY HILLS
Surrey’s Rural Economy Conference is run by Surrey Hills Enterprises, a Community Interest Company, as part of a range of activities and events promoting and supporting the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Surrey Hills Enterprises works with local businesses to support the rural economy and to promote, protect and enhance the beautiful Surrey Hills. Find out more and become a Business Member of Surrey Hills and benefit from all the connections, marketing and Member support.
Discover the best of the Surrey Hills and the local food, drink, arts and crafts, pubs, cafes and places to explore:
- Visit our directory of local producers and businesses
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive up-dates on events, wine tasting, artisan trails, tours and activities
- Join as a Business Member of Surrey Hills
Place your booking by completing the form below.
You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your booking within a few minutes of making your booking. If you do not receive your email confirmation please check your junk or clutter folders. Please call 01483 661150 if you need any assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you to this innovative, informative and inspirational conference
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please note: Fields marked with a * are mandatory.