Saturday, 17 November, 2018
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Darent Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme The Tea Barn, Sevenoaks Kent TN14 7UB
Be a Trail Blazer and join our New Ambassador Programme
Do you like walking, storytelling and have good local knowledge of the history and countryside in Surrey/ Kent?
Do you have time to lead organised walks & talks on and around the North Downs Way National Trail?
Could you be a North Downs Way Ambassador?
As a new scheme to help promote the North Downs Way to a wider audience we are looking to recruit and train a small group of Ambassadors to lead guided walks on the North Downs Way. Walks can be as formal or as informal as you like and you’ll have the opportunity to create evets to suit you. We will FREE provide maps & resources to help you plan your events to encourage people with little or no experience of countryside walking.
If you think you would make a good ambassador and have the capacity to lead periodic walks (4-6 per year) please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org briefly describing why you think you’d be a good ambassador and what kind of walks or events you would deliver to engage more people with the North Downs Way. In your email please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Our second training session will take place at our Darent Valley Offices near Lullingstone Country Park on Saturday 17th November.
The event is FREE and will run from 10am – 4.30pm with lunch included.
Our sessions will include:
- Insurance & Health and Safety aspects of walk & event leading
- Background on the North Downs Way- natural history/ military and cultural heritage, myths and legends.
- Seasonal walks- bluebells in spring/ winter warmers and summer flowers
- What makes for a good walk- how to ensure everyone has a good time
- Planning your walk; including getting to/ from the event and refreshment stops
You Will Receive:
- FREE National Trail Guide Book & AZ Map of the North Downs Way
- Hi Viz Vest and North Downs Way 40th Anniversary T-Shirt
- Ambassadors Toolkit