Sunday, 28 April, 2019
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
St Martha’s Church Guildford Surrey GU4 8PZ
Horseman’s Sunday returns in 2019. Join us on Sunday 28 April for a very special and unique event to celebrate horse riding in the Surrey Hills.
Walkers and Dogs on leads are very welcome.
Ride to St Martha’s Church, GU4 8PZ. Please assemble along the walls of the churchyard. Stewards will be available to advise on the day. Spectators and dogs on leads are welcome inside the churchyard. Water for horses and riders will be available at St Martha’s.
Please arrive from 2.00pm, a short service and blessing will be conducted by the Rev Stephanie Sokolowski at 2.30pm. After the service all horses will be blessed and will receive a rosette.
Smart, as for Showing if possible but not essential.
Horse box parking suggestions
Farley Heath Roman Temple Carpark 8, Farley Heath Road, GU5 9EW (approximately a 1.5 to 2 hour ride to St Martha’s). There is plenty of parking available for horse boxes here.
Newlands Corner Car Park, Shere Road, GU4 8SE (approximately a 1 hour ride to St Martha’s). This car park has limited horse box parking and gets busy at weekends, there is a cost of £6 per day.
- Please be aware that the area is likely to to busy with other recreational users on the day.
- The emergency vet on-call is Mayes & Scrine Tel: 01306 628222 (payment will be required at the time of treatment if you are not registered with them).
- A first aider will be available at St Martha’s.
- Stewards will be on hand to answer any queries.
- In extreme weather conditions the event may be cancelled, please call 07388 095651 for clarification.
- Riders should have personal liability insurance cover.
- It is recommended that horses have an up to date flu vaccination.
Emergency on the day contact number
In an emergency please call 07388 095651
This is a FREE event but there will be a collection on the day for
St Martha’s Church.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.