Saturday, 6 February, 2021
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
About this Event
Join us at RSPB The Lodge as we wind our way through oaks and birches, set in the beautiful landscape of Bedfordshire’s Greensand Ridge.
With its origins in the Japanese art of Shinrin-yoku, Forest Bathing+ involves immersing ourselves in the woods. You can learn more about the practice on our website www.tfb.institute.
Sessions take the form of a slow walk through the forest, with regular stops for a series of sensory exercises designed to calm body and mind. Tuning in to our senses lets us relax and reconnect with nature, while research is beginning to reveal how time spent under the canopy of trees gives us a mental and physical boost.
Your guide will be Liz Burfield, who trained as a Forest Bathing+ guide having experienced first-hand the benefits of mindfulness and nature on depression. Her sessions are friendly, down to earth, and suitable for anyone who enjoys the outdoors!
COVID-19: At TFBI we appreciate that that the last year has been a challenging time for many of us, and we want your session to be a real chance to unwind and get the most out of being in nature.
We have tailored our event procedures, group sizes, activities and routes to make sessions a safe place for everyone, but please feel free to contact Liz if you have any specific questions or concerns.
• Forest Bathing+ is available at RSPB The Lodge throughout 2021 – click on ‘select a date’ to pick the session you are interested in.
• The full event terms and conditions including information on cancellations and refunds can be found here.
• Our events are for adults 18+ only, no pets permitted.
• During the session we are likely to cover 1.5-2.5 kilometres – this will be at a slow pace. Unfortunately, however, Forest Bathing+ at RSPB The Lodge is not currently suitable for anyone using a wheelchair, or with severe mobility limitations – if you have any questions or concerns please contact Liz for a chat prior to booking.
• If you book a place, Liz will send you a welcome email prior to the event with important information (including joining details, what to wear and bring, terms and conditions etc), a registration form, and a COVID-19 declaration form. Unfortunately we cannot accept you on the session unless you have returned these forms in advance.
• If you have not received your welcome email 7 days before your session, please contact Liz.
Liz Burfield (for questions or more information – booking only available through this Eventbrite page)