Saturday, 23 March, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Guildford Railway Station Guildford Surrey GU1 4UT
An introduction to fastpacking, hosted by Rick Pearson of Runner’s World and Lily Dyu, author of Fastpacking (Cicerone, 2018).
Fastpacking is the middle ground between hiking and trail running – and the North Downs is the perfect practice ground for it.
The event will take place along a beautiful 14-mile stretch of the North Downs Way, beginning at Guildford and ending at Box Hill. En route, we’ll take in the sandy slopes of St Martha’s church, a camping demonstration and some outstanding views of the Surrey Hills.
Those taking part in the event will need a decent level of fitness and be comfortable covering 14 miles through a mixture of jogging and hiking. Fastpacking for Beginners will appeal to anyone who’s planning a fastpacking adventure in 2019, or just curious to find out more about this fast-growing sport.
The day will include:
- Advice on the best places in the UK and beyond for fastpacking
- Tips on how to stay safe while moving quickly in wild places
- A wild camping demo
- Information on how to pack light: what you’ll need and what you won’t
- Tips on the best stretches of the North Downs Way for fastpacking
- The chance to enjoy a pint at the Surrey Hills Brewery at the finish in Denbies
To book your space visit;