Thursday, 27 January, 2022 - Friday, 28 January, 2022
9:15 am - 5:00 pm
Merrist Wood College Guildford Surrey GU3 3PE
This course covers subjects not covered on a conventional Ofsted approved Paediatric First Aid, including focus on injuries caused by fire, falls for trees and outdoor play equipment and emphasis on environmental related conditions such as heat exhaustion and stings.
The course content is delivered primarily outdoors and recreates emergency scenarios to test your knowledge of responding to an incident where help is not immediately available. This course meets the requirements of OFSTED for practitioners of Forest Schools.
We have been delivering this course now for 10 years and are the Surrey County Council’s chosen provider of Forest School First Aid.
- Primary assessment in a Forest School
- Resuscitation CPR outdoors
- Choking management
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Secondary assessment
- Major trauma
- Head, chest, and internal injury
- Spinal recovery position, injuries from falls
- Hypothermia, temperature related emergencies
- Cold-related injuries
- Management of fractures in the outdoors
- Managing activities such as fire pits and burns
- Common medical emergencies in the outdoors
Our 16 hour Outdoor First aid for Forest School Leaders training course is held at our exclusive venue in Guildford, and the course runs from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
The cost of this course is £170 + VAT = £204 per person. Click to book
(Please note this course is non-refundable or transferable.)