Summer Lightning MTB Trail
Starting Point: Leith Hill Tower
DIfficulty Level: 4
The trail starts near the Tower at the top of Leith Hill and starts with a great fun, jumpy descent down the steep side.
- At the bottom, take the track up to the right and then cut off to the right onto the next section which roughly follows the original “moonbase” trail. This section is all surfaced single track with some pedal bits and some dips.
- At the end of this section, carry on down the track past the cricket pitch on your left and then take a left into the next section through what was originally known as Cousin Vinnie’s Strange Garden. This section has lots of dippers and a big step-up towards the end if you see it and have the skills!
- At the end of this section, the surfaced trail ends and you’re in for a rude surprise as you rejoin a natural, rooty, off-camber descent to join one of the original Redlands Trails trails called Waggledance. This spits you out onto a clearing in Wolverns Lane.
- From here, take a left and then a right to join the original Summer Lightning for a great blast, including some quite rocky sections!
- At the end you can either turn right to rejoin Wolverns Lane and make your way back up to the Tower. Or you can carry on (follow the tyre tracks) for a great blast on a trail running parallel with Wolverns Lane all the way back down to Wotton or take the Rookery descent back down to Westcott.
Submit your review