Guildford to Dorking Run
Starting Point: Guildford Castle
Length: 18 Km
DIfficulty Level: 3
This 18km (11 mile) run takes you from town to country. Starting from historic Guildford castle, along the North Downs Way National Trail and ending up on Denbies Hillside at Ranmore Common.
- From Guildford Castle, bear right and head down towards Castle Street, turn right up South Hill (past The March Hare restaurant) take left hand fork up Pewley Hill. At top of Pewley Hill road bear left onto Pewley Down. Now follow North Downs Way National Trail.
- Keep following trail, onto Longdown Road and cross Half Penny Lane onto White Lane. Follow White Lane, which turns into Guildford Lane. At the fork in the road bear left towards Newlands White Lane Carpark. Head through carpark and onto the North Downs Way National Trail. Follow trail (you’ll see some fantastic views at Newlands Corner). Pass through the carpark and cross A25 with care.
- Keep following the North Downs Way National Trail eventually crossing over Staple Lane, passing West Hanger Staple Lane carpark. Turn Right down Coombe Lane, at end of lane, turn right and keep following the North Downs Way National Trail.
- Follow trail crossing London Lane B.O.A.T across Hackhurst Down.
- Pass over White Down Lane up onto Ranmore Common Road.
- Finish run at National Trust Denbies Hillside carpark & enjoy the spectacular views from Ranmore Common.
Submit your review