Frensham ‘Hops & Heather’
Length: 10 Km
This delightful 10 kilometres (6 mile) route takes you around the village of Frensham, through heathland and woodland.
- From Visitor Centre turn right with Great Pond on left. Skirt edge of car park and continue on path around Pond. At road turn left and continue alongside Pond for about 100 metres, then cross road to take marked bridleway
- After small pond keep right and follow path alongside river then past Frensham Manor and Mill House. At road, turn left, then left again at T-junction. Turn right along track before cottage. Go over first stile on right, cross field and go over stile to follow woodland path up hill. Turn right at second crossing track.
- Continue ahead along ridge top path, along field edge and through coppice. Go over
stile on right and then left along field edge. Ignore stile on left and continue ahead to go over stile
into woodland. Go over stile and continue right along field edge. Go over the stile on right then ahead along path and through gate. Continue along path to join track, bear left along track then cross road to take Hammond Wood Road.
- Pass Malt House Cottage on right then turn left to take footpath between hedges. Cross footbridge and at road turn right. Refreshments are available from the Hollybush pub and the village shop.
- Continue along road and cross to main entrance of Hollowdene Recreation Ground. Bear left then turn right past group of trees, keeping cricket pitch on right.
- Go over stile then bear right down hill and across field. Go over bridge in field corner and continue along path. When path becomes a track continue straight on through small gate then continue ahead along path between fences. Go through small gate and at path junction turn left.
- Cross river bridge and follow path passing alongside St Marys churchyard. At road turn left then go right along Lovers Lane. Cross road and continue ahead along path. At road turn left, then go right and continue ahead along uphill footpath. At wide mown track turn right then follow purple arrows to Visitors Centre.
Submit your review
I thoroughly enjoyed the walk accompanied by my wife and my two sons age 12 and 9 years old on a beautiful sunny September afternoon.
The walk was varied with lots of different things to see enroute.
We passed some beautiful cottages and wonderful vistas with a well earned break halfway through at the Hollybush pub.