The Byways Working Group has been established to consider the management and appraise the condition of BOATs in the Surrey Hills AONB and take pro-active management action to minimise damage by motorised vehicles.
The Working Group has produced a flyer with further information on reporting illegal off road activity. To download the flyer click here.
For a list of BOATs in Surrey please click here.
There is mounting concern about the damage being caused to the protected Surrey Hills landscape by an irresponsible minority of off-road drivers. Off-road enthusiasts, conservationists, landowners and the police have joined forces in a new working group to tackle the problem.
Chairman of the Byways Working Group.
Members of the Byways Working Group
Chairman – Cllr Hazel Watson
Surrey Hills Board and Mole Valley District Council.
Support Officer – Pennie King, Grants & Working Group Administrator.
- Paul Redsell, National Trust
- Mark Richards, National Trust
- Surrey Wildlife Trust
- George Chapman, Batcheller Monkhouse
- Steve Mitchell, Surrey County Council
- Geoff Caswell, Surrey & Hampshire Off Road Club
- Brian Cohen, Trail Riders Fellowship
- Gail Brownrigg, Horse Drawn Carriage Drivers
- Stuart McLachlan, Capel Parish Council
- Graham Butler, Chairman of Surrey Access Forum
- Glen Boxall, Forestry Commission
- Surrey Police
- Caroline Price, Marketing Communications Officer, Surrey Hills Board
For further information on the Off Road Working Group, please contact Pennie King, Grants & Working Group Administrator on 01372 220 646 or email email@example.com.