The Surrey Hills are home to an incredible community of artisans who keep both traditional as well as modern artisan skills alive. They are not only passionate about their craft, they are excited to share their knowledge, skills and products with a wider audience.
To showcase the Surrey Hills Artisans and to give you the opportunity to meet them and learn more about their crafts, we have created the following program of activities and events
Surrey Hills Artisan Trail
The Surrey Hills Artisan Trail is a free self-guided trail taking you on a journey around the Surrey Hills, offering opportunities to meet the Artisans and to taste local food and drink and experience traditional artisan craft skills.
It’s a fantastic way to explore the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and enjoy a range of experiences in stunning locations.
Meet our Surrey Hills Artisans and create your trail by booking directly with the Artisans.
You can take part in visits, demonstrations, tours, tastings, workshops and taster sessions and purchase local food, drink and crafts.
Activities include vineyard and gin distillery tours, cookery masterclasses, farm visits, coffee tasting and roasting, leather craft workshops, woodwork demonstrations and outdoor cookery experiences.
All the Artisans have been awarded our Trade Mark Surrey Hills, an accreditation and mark of local provenance, quality and sustainability
- Meet the Surrey Hills Artisans and hear their stories
- Book a range of experiences directly with the Artisan
- Create your own Trail of Experiences
- Find out about available Demonstrations, tours, workshops, courses and taster sessions
- Opening times and how to book your visit
- Map– location of each Artisan
- Directions – how to get there ü Where to stay
Where to stay
Stay in the Surrey Hills at one of our Trade Marked Surrey Hills accommodation
hotels, farm cottages, B & B’s & self-catering
Surrey Hills Artisan Markets
Come along to an atmospheric Artisan market that will showcase the best of Surrey Hills Artisans including local food, drink, arts, and crafts. The perfect opportunity to browse amazing hand made crafts and to buy locally sourced food and a wide range of drinks including wine, beer, gin, and nonalcoholic beverages.
· First Surrey Hills Artisan Market in Cranleigh – Friday 2nd October 2020, 10 – 5 pm
· Launch of the Surrey Hills Artisan trail at Denbies Wine Estate – A market to celebrate the launch of the Surrey Hills Artisan Trail –- 18th October 2020, 10 – 5 pm
· Surrey Hills Artisan Christmas Market at Denbies Wine Estate – 28th and 29th November 2020 10 – 5 pm
Surrey Hills Artisan Festival
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May 2021
A weekend festival celebrating the artisans of the Surrey Hills.
A showcase of the very best of Surrey’s food, drink, art and crafts at the stunning Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking.
A fabulous day out for all the family:-
- Watch Surrey’s finest artists in action
- Learn tips and tricks from Surrey’s foodies
- Let children’s creativity flow with art and craft workshops
- Enjoy live music
Thanks to our sponsor – Saffery Read
With huge thanks to Saffery Read for generously sponsoring the Artisan trail and markets
Saffery Read creates bespoke solutions encapsulating concept design, architecture, building surveying, project management and interior design.