About Surrey Art School
A highly creative and contemporary community for both Artists and learners of all abilities to connect. Offering a seasonal menu of workshops, classes and pop up events from a lovely studio in Newdigate and beautiful locations across Surrey.
SAS believe in creating the right atmosphere for learning, and equipping students with confidence in the creative process. Classes are calm and focused, using mindful techniques to ‘switch off’ from the busy digital world, slow down and give full attention to our surroundings.
The SAS Ethos:
- Everyone can engage in creative practice given the right tools and guidance.
- Being creative helps calm a busy mind.
- Most people lack confidence in art practice and not ability.
- Technical skill is all about practice. The more you practice the better you’ll be.
- Art is good for you, it helps you to understand the world around you.
- Being creative takes time.
- We all need to make more time in our busy lives to stop and smell the daisies
- Small classes sizes are essential to depth of learning. We cap our class and course sizes to 6 people. In this way our students get more one to one support, learn more and leave classes confident to practice independently.
- Engaging in Art practice can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Being outdoors and active is essential to well-being.
W H O C A N J O I N S A S ?
A B S O L U T E L Y A N Y O N E
Students of all abilities are accepted at SAS and classes can be tailored to meet your needs, from complete beginners to experienced artists.