The Equestrian Working group was established in November 2015 to promote horse riding in the Surrey Hills.
Aim of the working group:
The Surrey Hills is promoted, managed and enhanced as an area of safe enjoyment for horse riding and carriage driving through a network of trails that benefits the rural economy.
The Objectives of the working group are:
1. Creating a network of trails for hacking and carriage driving
2. Promoting long distance equestrian routes
3. Clearance and surface improvements, including protecting and enhancing access for horse riders and carriage drivers
4. Reviewing opportunities to claim bridleways and permissive routes
5. Raising awareness of horse safety with other users
6. Ensuring effective promotion, signing and waymarking of all bridleways
7. Reviewing parking for horse boxes and trailers and associated infrastructure
8. Liaising with other users, eg Mountain Bike Working Group, Surrey Countryside Access Forum and SCC Horse Riders Working Group.
9. Considering horse riders and carriage drivers when new developments are in the planning stage