Terms & Conditions
By applying to become a Member of the Surrey Hills Enterprises Membership Scheme (the “Membership Scheme”), your business shall be bound by the following terms and conditions for the duration of your membership.
- You warrant and represent that your business meets the Membership Criteria listed above. If your business ceases to meet any of the above criteria at any time during your membership, we will have the right, exercisable at our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your membership.
- Your business must pay an annual membership fee to participate in the Membership Scheme. This can be paid in one lump sum or in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- For lump sum payments, the annual membership fee is payable on the date on which we notify you that your application to become a Business Member has been approved (“Approval Date”). After this point, the annual membership fee shall be payable on or before each anniversary of the Approval Date.
- For instalment payments, the first instalment of the annual membership fee is payable on the Approval Date and thereafter shall be payable in monthly instalments.
- In the event of non-payment of the annual membership fee within 7 days of the date on which it is due (or the date on which an instalment payment is due), Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right to terminate the membership of the Business Member without further notice and all benefits of membership will immediately cease. In these circumstances, membership will only be reinstated, at the absolute discretion of Surrey Hills Enterprises, upon payment in full of any outstanding subscriptions and any other monies owed.
- Your membership takes effect from the Approval Date and continues for 12 months and thereafter shall automatically renew for successive periods of 12 months unless or until terminated in accordance with these Terms of Business. Either we or you may terminate your membership by giving not less than 30 days written notice for such termination to take effect upon the expiry of the 12 month period in which the notice to cancel is given (i.e. the initial 12 month period or a renewal 12 month period).
- Surrey Hills Enterprises may record and store and use information and materials you have posted, transmitted, sent or communicated on the Surrey Hills Enterprises website.
- Information supplied via the Surrey Hills Enterprises website will be retained by Surrey Hills Enterprises on a database and we may use any contact details you have provided to us to update our records and to contact you with information about relevant initiatives, services or opportunities that we believe you and your business may be interested in. Such details will be stored securely and will not be released to any other organisation. Where such information constitutes personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Surrey Hills Enterprises shall comply with its obligations under such legislation with regard to the use of that information. If you do not wish Surrey Hills Enterprises to use personal data you provide in this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right to refuse any application for membership if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the applicant does not meet the standards required of members, as set out in the Membership Criteria and these Terms and Conditions of Business or in any other document published for that purpose by Surrey Hills Enterprises. The decision of Surrey Hills Enterprises will be final.
- Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right exercisable immediately on notice to refuse renewal or to terminate the membership of any Business Member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the member has:
- acted illegally; and/or
- acted in a manner which is, or may be, detrimental to Surrey Hills Enterprises; and/or
iii. acted in a manner likely to bring Surrey Hills Enterprises into disrepute; and/or
- failed to comply with, or maintain, the standards required of Business Members as set out in the Membership Criteria and/or Terms and Conditions of Business and/or in any other document published for that purpose by Surrey Hills Enterprises.
- The decision of Surrey Hills Enterprises will be final. In the event that we terminate the membership of a Business Member on the grounds listed above, notice of termination will be given to the relevant Business Member and their membership (including all benefits) will immediately cease and the Business Member shall not be entitled to a refund of any sums paid by that member.
- If an application for membership is refused, or membership is cancelled by us, Surrey Hills Enterprises accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or alleged loss which may result.
- Our liability for any claims arising out of or in connection with the Membership Scheme and these Terms of Business, however arising, shall be limited in respect of all claims in aggregate to a sum equal to fees paid to us by the Business Member in the year in which the claim arises. We shall have no liability however arising out of or in connection with the Membership Scheme or these Terms of Business for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. However, nothing in this clause 11 shall affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or other fraud.
- Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right to require any Business Member to alter, remove or cease any form of sales production and sale of goods associated in any way with Surrey Hills Enterprises that contravenes any current relevant legislation or brings, or is likely to bring Surrey Hills Enterprises into disrepute.
- All intellectual property rights on and relating to the Surrey Hills Enterprises website and in the Surrey Hills Enterprises logos, including trademarks, trade names of other signs, vest in Surrey Hills Enterprises.
- All marketing and other materials bearing the Surrey Hills Enterprises or ‘Surrey Hills’ name or logo must only be used strictly in accordance with the Surrey Hills Enterprises and ‘Surrey Hills’ brand guidelines (as shown in Appendix 1) and these terms of business. On termination of membership, the licence granted to the member of Surrey Hills Enterprises to use the Surrey Hills Enterprises or ‘Surrey Hills’ logo, marketing information or any other material of any description (“the materials”) is immediately terminated.
- For the duration of the period that you are a Business Member you are granted the non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the ‘Surrey Hills’ logo provided that such use is in accordance with the Guidelines For Use of the Surrey Hills Logo (see Appendix 1) and these Terms and Conditions of Business. If we become aware that you have failed to comply with the Guidelines for Use of Surrey Hills Logo, we shall notify you and, provided that in our opinion the failure can be remedied, we will give you an opportunity to remedy the failure. If you fail to do so or if we deem that the failure cannot be remedied, we shall have the right to terminate your membership.
- Business Members are entirely responsible for the accuracy of all information included on the Surrey Hills Enterprises website concerning them. Information provided by the Business Member for the Surrey Hills Enterprises website will be available to members of the public. However, Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right to reject, edit or remove at any time any information which it, in its absolute discretion, considers is unsuitable for any reason whatsoever.
- Surrey Hills Enterprises reserves the right to inspect and/or audit a Business Member prior to approval of their application and at any time during the period of membership.
- Membership will be conditional upon the payment in full of the required annual subscription charges as set out by Surrey Hills Enterprises.
Appendix 1: Brand Guidelines for use of Surrey Hills Logo