Engaging and inspiring visitors to the Surrey Hills
through the arts
Surrey Hills Arts is a partnership with Surrey Arts, Surrey County Council and Surrey Hills Enterprises.
It aims to engage and inspire people with this outstanding landscape and its unique natural, cultural and industrial heritage through the arts.
The Surrey Hills Arts Programme aims to:
- Inspire new audiences and raise Surrey’s profile and sense of place through an innovative, ambitious public art
- Develop sustainable, inclusive arts projects for Surrey communities
- Reconnect people with their local protected landscapes and boost tourism
- Promote the rich artistic and cultural heritage of the Surrey Hills within a contemporary context
- Encourage outdoor activity for all ages and abilities including those with mental health difficulties and disabilities
- Work in partnership with other organisations to create new arts-led opportunities that achieve positive health, education and social outcomes
- Create apprenticeship places for young people and volunteering opportunities
‘Artists have been inspired by the Surrey Hills throughout history and are still inspired today. Through the innovative responses of artists, visitors can experience the landscape in a new way.’
Ali Clarke, Programme Manager, Surrey Hills Arts
A project to open up hidden views in the southern Surrey Hills, improve access, engage with communities and commission artists’ responses to these views.
Working in partnership with local venues to host artists to produce new work inspired by the location.
This international public art event comes to Surrey where life-size cows are being painted by artists and communities and displayed across the whole county in Summer 2016.
If you would like to submit project ideas for Surrey Hills Arts or attend a Surrey Hills Artists’ network, please get in touch.